9983Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v0.95 r3243

  • David Chema
    Apr 29, 2013

      I agree 100% with everything Joe Subich states in his email below.  CAT in v0.95 r3243 is completely hosed up on the K3.  I too have received the runtime error crash multiple times when trying to reset the K3 to DATA A mode.  I am currently running v0.95 r3243 in receive only mode, but will be reinstalling r3195 shortly.

      73,

      Dave, KC8V

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 4:38 PM, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      CAT is completely FUBAR with a K3 operated in DATA (DATA A) mode.
      v0.95 r3243 insists on setting the transceiver to USB and crashes
      (runtime error) when the transceiver mode is reset. If it doesn't
      crash, the "red square" appears even though the frequency is correct.

      Note, CAT Polling is excessive - once every 30 seconds is more
      appropriate than once a second.

      Also, regarding the K3, polling for frequency within 250 ms of sending
      a command to change frequency is a bad idea. The K3 can and often does
      stop responding for in excess of 250 ms during band changes. When the
      K3 fails to respond during a band change v0.95 r3243 hangs, stops
      responding and eventually crashes.

      Lots of *serious* CAT issues in this version.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV