9972Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v0.95 r3243

  • Colin XSD
    Apr 29, 2013
      Pretty much the same here, I cannot get it to ork with CAT enabled (with ICOM IC-706 MkII) at all.

      I thought I had got it working by manually setting the Rig to the Frequency the software was set to but when i tried changing band it did not change the Rig. It appeared to have turned off CAT itself, turning CAT back on with the software on a different frequency to the Rig just locks it up every time.

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 29/04/2013 20:38, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

      CAT is completely FUBAR with a K3 operated in DATA (DATA A) mode.
      v0.95 r3243 insists on setting the transceiver to USB and crashes
      (runtime error) when the transceiver mode is reset. If it doesn't
      crash, the "red square" appears even though the frequency is correct.

      Note, CAT Polling is excessive - once every 30 seconds is more
      appropriate than once a second.

      Also, regarding the K3, polling for frequency within 250 ms of sending
      a command to change frequency is a bad idea. The K3 can and often does
      stop responding for in excess of 250 ms during band changes. When the
      K3 fails to respond during a band change v0.95 r3243 hangs, stops
      responding and eventually crashes.

      Lots of *serious* CAT issues in this version.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV