966RH 4/3 Modes

  • Randy Tipton
    Apr 2, 2004
      Just a friendly reminder that starting tomorrow for the Random Hours the
      modes are FSK441B for 144 MHz and FSK441C for 50MHz.

      The change was implemented in the Group Announcements and I think Bruce
      made mention of it last week. I have made numerous contacts using
      FSK441C on six meters & have found the slower speed decodes much better
      than the older mode A. My experience with FSK441B on two meters has been
      limited so we are looking forward to see how it does during the activity
      period.

      It would be nice to see some good rocks for the two meter session. Don't
      forget to look for the guys out west if you're within range of Arizona
      and New Mexico. It has been encouraging to see some new activity out in
      the West! I believe now that three stations have qualified for the
      "Random QSO Award"; good luck & good rocks.

      Now if this weather would clear up.

      Regards
      Tip
      WA5UFH