9218wsjtx on 160m

  • Larry Meehan (WA8EJH)
    Nov 1, 2012
      Hi everyone!

      I am interested in experimenting with the new modes available in wsjtx.
      Most of the current work seems to be on the LF and VLF frequencies. I'm
      not ready to put up a VLF antenna yet, so I'd like to find out if there
      is any activity on 160m or if there are people who would like to create
      some activity there.

      Is there any consensus about frequencies? It seems to me that the
      narrow-band modes offered in wsjtx are more similar to wspr and qrss
      than they are to jt65. Is there some way to fit wsjtx operation in near
      the wspr frequencies? Maybe just below the wspr frequencies would be
      good since wspr seems to be relative to 1500 Hz above dial frequency and
      wsjtx seems to be relative to 1000 Hz above dial frequency.

      Any and all discussion is welcome and I'm ready to do monitoring,
      beaconing, and/or QSOs.

      73,
      Larry, WA8EJH
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic