9201Re: [wsjtgroup] ISCAT-A Beacon 144.396MHz

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Oct 22, 2012
      Den 22-10-2012 15:52, Lance Collister, W7GJ skrev:
      > Hi Andy,
      >
      > You are to be commended for your ingenuity in developing a beacon using the new, more
      > sensitive technology! As you may know, on 6m, we have a particularly pressing need
      > for more sensitive beacons, since many of the QRO analog video "indicators" are going
      > off the air. With your setup, is it possible to develop a beacon that sends JT65A
      > for one 50 seconds and CW for 50 seconds in the alternate minute? Do you have
      > circuit boards available for your beacons? MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance
      >
      > On 10/22/2012 11:48 AM, AC TALBOT wrote:
      >>
      >> Now have a PIC + LMX2470 Fract-N synthesizer based source generating ISCAT mode.
      >> At the moment there is a QRP beacon running from IO90IV using this mode. Power
      >> 400mW to crossed dipoles in the loft. The frequency of the lowest ISCAT-A tone is
      >> 144.396 so use a "dial reading" of 144.395MHz SSB to get the correct tones out.
      >> The transmission consists of an 18 character message (including the @ starting
      >> symbol) and is repeated 25 times. It fills then 30s slots which are approximately
      >> aligned to the :00 and :30 seconds. Timing is free running as I don't think ISCAT
      >> is a critically timed mode in the same way as JTxx is. There is a burst of
      >> approx 2 seconds of tone zero at the end of each transmission slot.
      >> Its on at the moment...
      >> Andy G4JNT

      There is a Next Generation Beacon platform that can do most of the
      digital modes available today. The platform can do "any" CW, FSK and PSK
      you may wish and mixed too.

      http://rudius.net/oz2m/ngnb/

      The full S/W will be released under GNU no later than next week.

      OZ7IGY uses the new platform on 2 m and 6 m for some time now and will
      be installed on normal QTH no later than next week. Right now OZ7IGY
      runs JT65C2, CW ID (call and locator) and carrier in a 1 min cycle
      locked to GPS in both time and frequency.

      Complete units, boards or partial kits are available.

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent **
      ** perspiration. **
      ** -- Thomas A. Edison **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...