9075Re: [wsjtgroup] Unable to decode JT65A well

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Sep 2 10:54 PM
      Hello Oliver,

      Here is my set up checklist for new JT65A users:

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/JT65.pdf

      Make sure to enter the sound card correction factors too! GL and VY 73, Lance

      On 9/3/2012 3:29 AM, ollieoxen27 wrote:
      > When JT65A first became available several years ago I used it with great success. Then I went on to other modes and stopped using it. I came back to it about a year ago but for the life of me I haven't been able to get it to function so I guess it is time to ask for help.
      >
      > I cannot get the program to decode any more than about 5% of transmissions making qsos impossible. I set gain to 0db, use an xp computer with 2.0 gig processor, and an FT-897D transceiver. I have tried strong signals, weak signals and in between. The program just does not want to copy JT65A signals though it does decode a very few which makes this very peculier. I have tried different settings and went through the bozo guide several times with no success.
      >
      > Any suggestions or assistance as to why this is happening is much appreciated.
      >
      > Oliver

      > WSJTGroup HomePage http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/

      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)
      P.O. Box 73
      Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
      USA
      TEL: (406) 626-5728