9017Re: [wsjtgroup] KVASD_95 for ARM linux

    Jun 25, 2012
      Hi Kristoff,

      ON1ARF wrote:

      > I'm currently experimenting with wsjt on a pandaboard running ubuntu/ARM.
      >

      > When enabling "deep decode", I get an error on the console saying
      > "KVASD_95 not found" (quit normal as the libraries provided as i386).
      >
      > Is there any way to provide an ARM version of these applications? I
      > don't know who has the source-code for these, but it would be nice if
      > somebody would cross-compile them for the ARM platform.
      > This application could then run other ARM based systems too (e.g. like
      > the Ras Pi). :-)

      As you probably know, KVASD is a soft-decision decoder for the Reed
      Solomon (63,12) code using six-bit symbols. It uses a petented
      algorithm (see the note at bottom of this WSJT web page
      http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/devel.html).

      In principle there's no reason it could not be compiled for the ARM
      processor. Evidently there is not much demand; I have never before seen
      such a request. I do not have an ARM-based machine on which to do the
      compile. It's not clear that the Raspberry Pi has enough "horsepower"
      to make it a useful platform for the JT65 mode.