8891RE: [wsjtgroup] West Mountain Radio products

  • Benedikt Sveinsson
    Mar 1 1:56 AM

      IMHO – I can recommend Signalink USB. I have used that with a Kenwood TS-570/TS-2000 – but now I have a K3 so I don’t need any interface.

      I tried out Rigblaster PRO – and the only thing it will do is take the DTR pin and key the radio – it does not have a built in soundcard, no usb, and if you are using a laptop you then still need a serial port to key the radio. I have not used any other products from them, but I was very surprised that they did not have a built in USB FTDI chip – rather they supply just a USB dongle that I found out to be low quality.

      Signalink does this in a different way, it comes up as a second soundcard, that you can tie directly to WSJT. It then uses a VOX feature to key the radio. Only thing you must do is to order the correct cable for your radio and a pre-wired header that you insert into the Signalink – then you are good to go. (I would recommend DXEngineering)

      I have used this setup on EME and HF with great success.

      73, Benni TF3CY