      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
      Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:09 PM
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com; Jeremy - N4JIK
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT vs JT65-HF decoding discrepancies

      That's interesting, because WSJT is (by design, due to the "deep search" capabilities in WSJT that JT65-HF has not implemented) more "sensitive" than JT65-HF. And with WSJT, you can try repeatedly to "tease" a decode out of any visible pattern. I would guess it's either a setup or a use problem. I've run JT65-HF and WSJT7 side by side, and I've never seen anything JT65-HF decodes that isn't also decoded (when properly clicked on) by WSJT -- and the opposite is oftentimes true (WSJT can decode stuff JT65-HF can't), as there is no way to tease a decode out of JT65-HF; it either decodes the first time it scans the segment, or it doesn't. No do-overs.

      OTOH, the JT65-HF user interface and multiple-decode capabilities are WAY COOL. Smile emoticon  If only we could put the two together somehow...

      Bill W5WVO

      Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:51 PM

      I have been looking at other JT65 software and have noticed that there is actually a pretty significant discrepancy between decodes using JT65-HF and WSJT7. Unfortunately JT65-HF has been providing more decodes which are deeper in the noise whereas WSJT misses a number of them. I know it has definitely got to be something I have setup wrong but  I for the life of me can't figure out what it is.

      Everything is a standard install and I haven't changed anything so far other than putting my callsign and grid in. Any assistance would be great.. Thanks!

      Jeremy

      N4JIK formerly KD4LCR/7J6CEM

      Fort Benning, GA/Phenix City, AL

      Triple Play Award #327

      "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
      because he loves what is behind him." G. K. Chesterton

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic