7287Random Hour Report for 5-29-2010

  • David R. Hassall
    Jun 1, 2010
      Random Hour Report for 5/29/2010
      I received 11 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5UFH HRD:K0RI, XE2OR, W4ENN, N3LL, K5DNL, KD7YZ, N5SIX, AA5AM,
      K5TTT, K2DRH, WA5DJJ

      N5SIX WRK: N3TH(R), K1VUV(R), XE2OR(R), K5TTT(R), AA5AM(R)
      CNR: WA5DJJ HRD: WA5UFH, W4ENN(B/S)

      WA5TKU WRK: N8CJK(R), N0POH(R)

      W5UWB WRK: K2DRH(S), WA5DJJ(R)

      AA5AM WRK: WA5DJJ(R) HRD: WA5TKU

      N0POH WRK: W7OUU(R), WA5DJJ(R), N7EA(R), W5WVO(R) WA5TKU(R)

      WA5DJJ WRK: AA5AM(R), W5UWB(R), K5TTT(R), N0POH(S) CNR: N5SIX

      KI7JA WRK: W70UU(S)

      VE1KSY HRD: KC9ELU(JT6M)

      W8NJR HRD: W5WVO

      2M
      WA5UFH WRK:K0RI(R) CNR: W8NJR

      VE1SKY HRD: VE2DSB

      WB3BEL CNR: K1RS

      222 MHZ
      KI7JA WRK: KE7NR(S)

      SOAPBOX:
      WA5UFH: I was unable to operate except for the first hour but
      we left the rig on monitor with S=3. Decoded a lotz of stations
      calling cq and making contacts. Total of 12 unique calls copied.
      Many decodes from N5SIX. Fun to come back and see who you
      captured in print.

      AA5AM: Lots of short weak pings. Very few blazers this morning.

      N0POH: One new state and three new grids on 6 meters in one morning!
      Been a long time since I've done that!

      WA5DJJ: I think I worked my 50th init this weekend. Now going on to
      100. It is getting tough to find stations I have not worked within
      1000 miles of me. I need some new "victims". One suggestion: when
      you work someone Log in to DX Sherlock and enter the QSO. Others
      will see the Blue Lines and "wonder" what they are. The blue lines
      really stand out against all that red or blank map. Maybe we will
      attract some new operators that way.

      KI7JA: I had a great day on FSK. I finally worked KE7NR on 222
      at a distance of 993 miles. We have been trying for several years
      to make it on 222. Yesterday there were finally enough rocks.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      WEBSITE: http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/