7229Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT and Ubuntu 10.04 works good here

  • Peter Frenning
    May 14, 2010
      fre, 14 05 2010 kl. 21:26 -0500, skrev Chuck:

      Hi All,

      I've done very little WSJT lately after many years of activity. Shortly before my activity dwindled, I was using Linux Ubuntu 8.?? and had installed it the hard way (compiling, etc _ stuff i don't understand that well) with help of an overseas ham (sorry i don't remember your name). I tried to install it through the Ubuntu installer but it would not work (a seemingly known issue among the ubuntu forums). Then i upgraded to 9.?? and the compiled working install of WSJT quite working. So what i was using of WSJT, i used under XP.

      Anyway, i upgraded Ubuntu yesterday to 10.04 and decided to install WSJT through the Ubuntu Software Center (the easy click here way :-)) just to see what would happened. After adjusting audio levels, etc, It seems to work great! Maybe the bugs have been ironed out for the most part? Your mileage may vary i'm sure but works great here!

      Chuck
      AF4O

      As far as that takes you chuck - fine, but it is a very old version. The one available on the WSJT home page is several years newer and much changed and improved.

      I'm currently running WSJT 7 and WSPR 2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 and both are running great. I do admit that installation could be simpler and more intitive, but that's being worked I hear.

      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
      ** and ninety-nine per cent            **
      ** perspiration.                       **
      **               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
      email: peter(no-spam filler)@...
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail: