704Re: Laptop info

  • Art Jackson
    Nov 30, 2003
      Hi Phil,
      If you plan to use it for Meteor Scatter only which is predominately
      FSK441 and little JT6M, a 266MHz laptop will work fine.

      JT65 takes alot more CPU than JT44 did. Decodes take several times
      longer on my older CPU (166Mhz). Infact, I was not pleased. My old
      laptop is a workhorse on all the other modes. I also use it for all
      the other digital modes (PSK, RTTY and CW).

      JT65 runs fine on my newer computers (1 GHz+).
      You might want to try the laptop computer out as a Monitor and see
      what happens before you buy it.

      Good Luck
      Art

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "N0PB Phil" <n0pb@s...> wrote:
      > I am looking at purchasing a laptop to use mobile
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic