6876NASA Forward Scatter Meteors

  • Russ K2TXB
    Jan 31, 2010
      Hi all. I used to be able to go to a web page and see current data from the NASA Forward Scatter Meteors site, that would show the current meteor count at their system.  However when I go to that location now all I get is an old gif file showing something from May 2008:

      I did a search and found several pages related to the setup, but nothing where current data is displayed.

      Wonder if anyone here knows of any other site where real time (or near real time) data is available?

      Additional info:  Before sending the above I tried a slightly different search and found this site:

      There there is data from a number of stations in Europe and a few in the USA where data from individuals is posted.  There are none on the East coast of the US, one in IL, and several in the west.  However I am not convinced how accurate these amateur observations are.  The guy in IL uses a 5 element Yagi and an Alinco DX60 receiver.  That is a pretty poor receiver if I recall.  And his current data looks like the sky is filled with meteors!  What I am looking for is some scientifically gathered, real time, data.  Anyone know anything about this?

      Thanks, Russ K2TXB

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic