6863Re: [wsjtgroup] Working WSJT on HF

  • Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
    Jan 27, 2010
      Russ, I'd like to pursue this a little further. You wrote,

      "Years ago we spent a lot of time discussing this and the above is what was
      agreed to at the time. Over the years I suppose it could have gotten
      perverted."

      Russ, I've only been on WSJT meteor scatter for a little more than two
      years, but since January 2008, at least, everyone has always included the
      suffix of the station being worked, not one's own suffix. In other words,
      it's been as Barry says for at least two years, probably a lot longer than
      that. Tip or Bruce would be able to say how long, I'm sure.

      So I'd like to know, in reference to your statement above,

      (1) Who is "we" that discussed this and came to a different conlusion?

      (2) How many years ago is "Years ago"?

      (3) Does anyone else on the list remember those discussions, how they went,
      and what the upshot was?

      FWIW, I think both you and Barry have valid points. You can't absolutely
      preclude ANY possible confusion without including both suffixes in all
      transmissions. So unless that is to be done (and I think most would agree
      that is undesireable for MS work), one must choose one or the other. And
      everybody needs to be on the same page with the same protocol.

      Bill W5WVO