      From: Russ K2TXB [mailto:k2txb@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:34 PM
      To: 'Barry Garratt'; wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] Working WSJT on HF

      Barry KS7DX wrote:

      > Okay Russ let's say as you point out I'm calling CQ and W6OUU answers me and
      > KS7S also answers me. I send W6OUU
      26 KS7DX 2626. I then receive DX R-26 and reply
      > with OUU
      RRR.

      > Does your way mean the TX2 I sent to W6OUU means he sends me
      OUU R-26? And I respond
      > with DX RRR? With both or even more stations on
      frequency who is the DX RRR being
      > sent for? And by the same token if
      W6OUU is sending OUU R-26 who is that for?
      > Is it for me or someone else
      on freq? I can see where your way would be very confusing
      > with many
      stations on the same freq using their own suffix. Who is actually working whom?

      Barry, the thing is that you have already exchanged calls with the station you are attempting to work.  Otherwise you would not be sending reports yet.  So at this point you know who you are working and so does he.  Therefore if he receives your "RRR DX" (or "DX RRR"), he knows it is for him since he already copied your call and his together.

      Others who receive that message know that they are not working you and so they ignore it.  Those other stations do not need to know who the message was intended for.  They only need to know that the message is not from a station that they are working.

      Clear?

      73, Russ K2TXB

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic