      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Al
      Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:05 PM
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com; Randy Tipton
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Tx1 ... Why add to it?

      Hi Tip and the MS gang:

      I do not see how a grid gets into TX1 except in JT65B. The options menu plainly states that the two message templates are for FSK441 and JT6M, and neither message template puts the grid in TX1. SO, anyone sending their grid in TX1 has entered it manually - either in the template area or by typing it into TX1. Not good.

      Like you said, the grid can be seen in TX2 or TX3 if the grid option is chosen. It does not belong in TX1.

      Consider this "mind set":

      I work a lot of EME.  JT65 A B C etc. has the grid in TX1. "Hmmm, I wonder why it isn't in TX1 on FSK441 or JT6M -- I'll just put it there -- if it is good for EME then it must be good for HSMS." NOT!

      Anyhow, I couldn't help but agree with you and throw in my two cents in. Use the canned messages only.

      73,

      Al

      WA4EWV