      Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 10:23 AM
      Subject: Grid trip

      I am planning a trip to Crater Lake, OR leaving from the Williams, AZ Hamfest on Sunday morning July 19. To add a bit of spice to the trip I am planning on driving up the west side of Nevada and into Oregon along grids DN00 --> DN04. I am planning to operate 6m while mobile but when I stop for the night and before I depart in the morning I hope to run WSJT for meteor scatter and weak signal tropo contacts on 6 and 2. I might take a 222 and 432 antenna if I have room.
      I do not have a set schedule at this point in time but I hope to be in DN00 by Sunday night (19th) and run WSJT Monday morning.  Most likely I WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET connections in these grids so operations will be random, although if some of you want to send me your telephone numbers I might be able to contact you if I have cell service. I can also try to coordinate via HF if you suggest some QRG's to monitor.
      I'm guessing I will be in DN04 by Wednesday and at Crater Lake on Thursday.  From there plans are tentative... one thought is to partially retrace the route so that I overnight in the grid(s) I drove through during the day. Another possibility is to return home via central NV and catch DN11 through DM18.
      Not a true grid expedition but hope to give out some of these grids.
      Tom NQ7R/C91TK
      Casa Grande, AZ
      Cell- 480-241-6076 (rarely on unless expecting calls)