      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)
      Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 4:29 PM
      To: Joe - WDØM
      Cc: WSJT Group
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Picking a Bone With Gene

      Joe - WDØM wrote:
      > "Many years ago US Metric Association took a survey to determine which
      > countries have /officially/ adopted the metric system. According to
      > that survey, the only other countries besides the U.S. that have not
      > /officially/ adopted the metric system are *Liberia* (in western
      > Africa) and *Burma* (also known as *Myanmar*, in Southeast Asia)."
      > http://lamar. colostate. edu/~hillger/ internat. htm
      > I see the believers in non-metric standards are in good company
      > internationally.

      On this matter, what happens in some other country is unimportant. I
      remember a number of years ago when there was a big push to force the US
      to convert to metric. It didn't happen, and isn't likely to.
      /Unofficially or officially, the people of this country didn't/don't
      want it. / This argument reminds me of the parent asking the child why
      he/she did a particular thing, and the child responds "well, Bobby did
      it". It would appear that the influence of the US Metric Association is
      insignificant at best.

      Mike, W5UC
      "American by birth. Texan by the grace of God*
      http://www.the912pr oject.com
      http://www.suddenli nk.net/pages/ w5uc/

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic