      Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:33 PM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] WSJTGroup HSMS Initial Award is official

      Thanks to those that responded to Tip, Terry and me on input or
      questions about the Initial QSO Award. This is to announce we are
      officially off and running so if you don't, start tracking your initial
      HSMS qso's. The award is for North American operators using FSK441,
      JT6M, HSCW or Fast Hell modes for meteor scatter contacts made by sked
      or random. The beginning date to start accumulating your initial qso's
      is 0000z, June 1, 2008. The awards are band specific (6&2m) and there
      is one for qso's from home qth and also one for rover/portable/ mobile.

      Tip has prepared the full information and it is posted at:

      http://www.ykc. com/wa5ufh/ WSJTGROUP/ InitialAward. htm and
      http://www.ykc. com/wa5ufh/ WSJTGROUP/ roverinitialawar d.htm

      Please review the rules. We tried to be as short and concise as possible. The primary purpose of the award to to recognize the efforts HSMS operators make and to also hopefully encourage more into trying HSMS or hitting the road as a rover.

      The one prevailing question we received concerned initials that operators had prior to 6/1/2008. The short answer is they will certainly count for endorsements and total once you have the required "new" initials on or after 6/1/2008. To earn the needed 25, you may work someone you have worked before for the new count. After the 25 are made and the award earned, you may tally up the initials you had before 6/1/2008. You may only count an initial from a given fixed operator once. For example, I worked Tip before and after 6/1/2008, the initial that counts for the award is the later one. I don't think book keeping will be difficult as many of us track initials anyway.

      Thanks to Tip for getting the rules posted and to Terry for the great job he did on designing the award certificate and endorsement stickers.

      Bruce, N5SIX for the WSJTGroup

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic