4611Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR mailing list?

    Apr 5, 2008
      Hi Bruce and all,

      Sounds like a good idea to me. My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
      long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
      feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT. If
      others feel that a separate list is better, I would be happy to go along
      with that as well.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Bruce Walker wrote:
      > On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
      > MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
      > cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
      > sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
      > can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
      > discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
      > or upload practices, etc.
      >
      > It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
      > new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
      > scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
      > more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
      > calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
      > operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
      > on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.
      >
      > Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
      > question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
      > a new list, I will do so.
      >
      > --bruce W1BW
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic