4356Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: WSJT & linux

    Mar 1, 2008
      Hi Kari,

      The line of code was correct as it was.

      On Linux, yes, it would make sense to redirect standard output to
      /dev/null. But Windows has no /dev/null equivalent, so the output goes
      to a real file instead. In actual fact there is normally no output; the
      desirable effect of redirection, as I recall was to prevent creation of
      a command-shell window. All of this is a kludge to permit use of the
      non-open-source code in KVASD.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT