      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 5:42 PM
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Turning off AGC when running WSJT

      I always understood that it would be advantageous, but how much I didn't
      realize until now when I finally, after having looked for a way to do it
      for several years, managed to modify my FT-847 to do just that.
      If your radio can do it - use it, if not - try to find a way to modify it.
      If it's a FT-847 - here a quick-and-dirty mod that does it:
      http://www.frenning .dk/OZ1PIF_ HOMEPAGE/ FT-847%20AGC- Off%20Mod. htm

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **