3354Re: [wsjtgroup] JT65B Small Stations

  • Lee Scott - AA1YN
    Nov 18, 2006
      At 12:33 PM 11/18/2006 -0800, you wrote:
      >I have recently become aware of the importance of stability (wobble) and
      >transmitter audio pass band issues with regard to JT65B modes with smaller
      >borderline eme systems.
      >I'm wondering how many of you with small systems (1,2 or even 4 small yagis)
      >are having good results with UNmodified tx or rx commercial units? If not,
      >what have you done to minimize drift and short-term tx frequency wobbling?
      >Have you taken any steps to equalize the audio pass band into your tx? Have
      >you been able to work other small stations as well, without modifying your
      >equipment or is it essential in order to work anything other than the big
      >Steve // VE7SL

      I did have to modify my IC-746 as it had a 50hz drift while transmitting
      and a 50Hz drift during cooldown.

      I ended up ovenizing the crystal in my rig and that solved a big problem
      for me.

      Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
      Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
      Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com