3323Re: [wsjtgroup] GPS Clock Time for Mobile/Portable Use

  • Mike H
    Nov 2, 2006
      I dealt with this problem a while back and discussed it briefly in an
      article I wrote for the January 2003 edition of CQ-VHF. You can read it
      here...scroll to the bottom and on to the next page for my GPS/PC interface:

      http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/article.html

      Mike WB2FKO

      > Hi all, can someone tell me the minimum features I need before buying
      > a handheld GPS unit. I want the GPS unit to set the precise time on
      > my laptop. How will I know (before buying) that I can even connect
      > the GPS unit to the laptop? The higher cost units have numerous
      > features that I may not need; and, I'm trying to simplify my life
      > (e.g. my digital camera fits in my shirt pocket, yet the manual is as
      > big as a dictionary!!!) Thanks, Lee, KB9PIP, Phoenix. p.s. no luck
      > receiving yet. I've aimed at Los Angeles, Denver, and Dallas every
      > Saturday morning.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic