2729RE: [wsjtgroup] NAHSMS Contest Non Plans for N4FRE/R

  • Russ K2TXB
    Dec 9, 2005
      Hi Dave. I do not recall seeing any comments from you about rover scoring,
      or about Rally rules at all. Perhaps I missed it or simply do not recall,
      but when it came time to write the rules for the winter Rally, I had no
      feedback on any changes.

      I sure hate to see someone dissatisfied with the rules when it would have
      been easy to add a rover category if it was so desired. For the past
      several years there has been a discussion about Rally rules every year, and
      I do not ever recall a rover category being suggested.

      Back around June 16, there were a flurry of messages under a thread called
      "Proposed Rally Rules". I just reviewed all messages from you for this
      year to see if there was anything suggesting changes for Rally rules, but
      could find nothing. You did make a comment on June 9, to the effect that
      the spring Rally would be your last, but you said nothing about why.

      If you would like to see a rover category in future rally's, please make a
      suggestion to that effect, and please suggest how you would like to see the
      category scored. Then we can try to involve other rovers and hammer out
      some changes that will hopefully make the Rally more fun for all.

      73, Russ K2TXB