      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Russ K2TXB
      Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:09 PM
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: 'Joe Taylor'
      Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] Scatter in the 60's

      Joe Taylor wrote:

      > Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Scatter in the 60's
      >
      > ...We ran Saturday morning CW skeds with W4IKK in Tennessee and
      > W4RMU in Florida.  We used 30 second transmissions, and found
      > that we could work essentially any time we tried, within
      > 15-30 minutes.

      Joe, I wonder if that was Paul Wilson, W4HHK, you are speaking of?  If so, he was one of the very early pioneers of meteor scatter communications and having worked with him is really great.  I wish I had known him.  I only ever worked him once, on 13 CM EME, from K2UYH.  Here is a picture of him and his dish from the front cover of QST, March 1968.  Maybe it won't come through on the list, so I will send this message to you directly as well.

      73, Russ K2TXB

      Paul Wilson, W4HHK, appeared on the cover of the March 1965 QST with his 18-foot dish mounted on a 35-foot high platform.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic