2548WSJT 5.8.6 Tone Level Settings, TX/RX Delay

  • Joseph A. Counsil
    Oct 1, 2005
      Greetings,

      I have been using WSJT 5.8.6 the last couple of weeks, having upgraded
      from 4.9. Joe has done an excellent job of adding new features and
      integrating the package.

      There are two things I do not find in the new version which I needed
      in the old...

      1) Tone Level Settings - The old version had an option in the settings
      to tweak the audio level on each of the four tones. I found with my
      system that the tones were not all generating equal output from the
      radio, so was able to improve that by using these settings. With the
      new version, I don't find that capability anywhere (not even hidden in
      the configuration file in the WSJT program directory). Am I missing
      something?

      2) TX/RX Delay - The old version had an option to implement an RX
      delay time before the program would begin acquiring data when
      switching from TX to RX; and a TX delay time when switching from RX to
      TX. Again, I find no such option in any settings nor in the
      configuration file. Am I missing something?

      I need both of these options to optimally set up my system. My tone
      levels are several dB unequal, and I have TX/RX transients in my data
      acquisition.

      Thanks & 73,
      -Joe-
      K0OG