2419Antenna Idea for 6m

  • jfelts13
    Sep 1, 2005
      Looks like my son will be here week after next, one thing he plans to
      do is get my puny lil tower up for me. Tower is only a 20footer, and 2m
      beam will be at 26ft. The RG8M coax will be be replaced with RG-213
      down to the base, then switch to LRM-400 into the shack. I don't think
      LMR-400 can take the constant twisting. That will get the 2m beam up
      about 8 feet higher than it is now.

      I'm trying to figure out what to do for 6m other than using my lil Par
      OA-50. Nothing wrong with it but my 5 watts needs a lil better antenna.
      I'm not sure about how much distance I need between the 2m beam and
      what ever I put up for 6m. All I do know is there will be 6foot between
      them. Any sugguestions??

      oh one comment, more power is not a option on 6m. hi hi Its already bad
      enough that I cheat on 2m with 160watts.

      Jerry - NR5A
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic