1651W2FU Contest Plans

  • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
    Jan 14, 2005
      I guess it's that time already....

      I'll be operating at W2FU in FN13 I would really love to set up some
      skeds, especially to keep me company in the smaller hours of the night.
      Usually it works out better for the "normal person" (as if that really
      applies to any of us) if I can set up a sked with folks in the Central
      timezone right before they go to bed and folks in the Eastern tz (or
      Atlantic) first thing after they wake up. I actually liked doing that
      from the other side since I could do my WSJT (or HSCW back in the day)
      with a cup of coffee before a full day of labor-intensive
      contesting...or lawn mowing depending on conditions--that was Nebraska
      afterall. What better way to start your day than with a cup of coffee
      and couple new multipliers?

      If I remember correctly we'll have the following:
      6: 2x9el @ 125ft 1.5kW
      2: 2x17 @ 150ft 1.5kW
      222: 2x 20el(?) @ 100ft 1.5kW

      As far as available times, I'm totally open between midnight and 6am EST
      for skeds as of right now. I plan on working randoms when possible, but
      unfortunately I can't do much of that in this part of the country beyond
      7am or so. I know many of you are not big contesters, but this is a
      great time to get in an activity period with many stations that aren't
      on all that often. I'm sure some of the other multi's will be on all
      night as well to keep us all busy.

      Shoot me an email and we'll make it happen--

      Andy K0SM/2 (@W2FU FN13)

      Oh yeah--if anyone needs a QSL from a previous operation (either me at
      home or from W2FU WSJT stuff), drop me a note and I'll see to it
      personally. I'm sending out more DN81 and EN11 cards today.