1581laptop RFI--help!

  • aflowers@frontiernet.net
    Dec 19, 2004
      Hi folks,

      The new K0SM rover just made it's maiden voyage down the street. I've
      upgraded to more metal, and given that I was S4 down in EM25 I think
      it's working. My big problem right now is the noise generated by the
      computer. It appears to be when the computer is plugged into the
      ciggarette lighter in the Honda CRV. All other stuff is directly to
      the battery via a rigrunner interface. I wonder what solutions people
      have come up with. Right now it's pretty crippling as it raises the
      noise floor about 20 dB. I'm using a compaq presario of 1999 vintage I
      think, with a standard 12V-19V DC-DC converter on the input. the
      converter doesn't seem to be too noisy--just when the computer is
      turned on.

      I'll try another laptop in the meantime, but i wonder if anyone has any
      experience with this and can offer some pointers. The older, more
      well-behaved computer is SK now...

      Andy K0SM
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic