      From: Randy Tipton [mailto:wa5ufh@...]
      Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:46 PM
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] FSK441 "squelch"

      Russ I believe you’re correct for two meters but for six meters it is not uncommon for me to leave the program in monitor on the call frequency and come back to several decoded pings from stations calling cq. (often times many decoded pings from a single station calling)  When stations like N5SIX are portable it is common to have a screen full of decoded text but I have never experienced this on two meters. So it seems to be possible that what might be a good feature for one band isn’t for another? I guess what I am saying is 50MHz scatter is easier than any other VHF band but that is not the subject however what “might be cute” on two meters may be useful for those who monitor 50MHz. Would I use such a feature, probably not because if I am where I cannot hear the audio from the radio I am not close to the computer anyway.

      Boy am I glad the rain has slowed down here in South Texas. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

      Tip

      WA5UFH