13042RE: [wsjtgroup] Sound card help pse

  • chas cartmel
    Aug 3, 2014

      Mark

      If i can offer some advice other than the sound card issue, WSJT-X seems for sensitive to clock error than JT65HF so better synch might help. I use meinberg here. If a ststion does not decode on WSJT due to a clock error of -1.3 (or greater) I sometimes fire up JT65HF to grab the callsign and attempt to contact the guy to advise of the clock error.

      You don’t say what sound card you are using. Is it the integrated one, an internal add-on card, or an external USB dongle.

      I replaced my dongle with an internal Soundblaster card a year or so back (not an expensive one – around $25) and reception was vastly improved.

      As XP is now defunct as regards support I would suggest an upgrade to the OS. Mine went to Windows 7, however this kit is not used for Amateur radio but for my dedicated PlanePlotter server.

      73

      Charlie

      www.G4EST.me.uk