13036Re: [wsjtgroup] Two instances of MAP65

    Jul 30, 2014
      Bob --

      When MAP65 starts, it creates another process called m65.exe which
      contains the JT65 decoder.

      Attempting to start a second instance of MAP65 will kill the m65.exe
      associated with the first instance. Therefore, you can't run multiple
      instances of MAP65 (as presently coded) on the same computer.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      On 7/30/2014 3:42 PM, rwright@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:
      > Is there any way to run two instances of MAP65 simultaneously? I have installed MAP65 in two different directories but the instance that is started second always seems to get stuck in decode mode.
      >
      > My application is dual polarity using the IQ streams from two Flex 6700 panadapters, one connected to the vertical part of a 2 meter x-pol yagi and the other to the horizontal. (The Flex SSDR software is not capable of producing one audio stream with both IQ channels. Even if it could, the phase between the two receivers in the Flex hardware is currently undefined.)
      >
      > It's not adaptive polarity, but at least should help against Faraday lockouts.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bob, N7ZO

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic