12827WSJT-X crashed when used with Virtual Serial Port Slitter

  • svtdoug
    Jun 27, 2014
      Hi,

      I am fairly new user to WSJT-X and love it.  Best of the JT-HF direvitives by far, and decodes much more reliably.  I am using v. 1.3 r3673.

      But I am having issues trying to get WSJT-X running with CAT, every attempt results in WSJT-X crashing.   Because I am also using several other programs which need to share the rigs (IC-7600) serial port (Log4OM, Hamport and N1MM), and WSJT-X does not utilize a rig sharing facility like OmniRig, I need to use a Virtual Serial Port Emulator or splitter.  I am using VPSE v 0.938 from Eterlogic.com.  It takes the normal COM6 and emulates it as COM8, so I have all programs set to use COM8.   This splitter works for all my other programs, OmniRig and N1MM via COM8.  But when I set WSJT-X to use COM8, it reads the rig frequency and shortly thereafter crashes, with no error message.  If I remove the VSPE and connect WSJT-X to use COM6, it reads the rig fine, with no crashes, but no other programs can!

      Any help on this would be appreciated!

      Doug
      W7DRM
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic