12823W1AW/9 on 6m

  • signalhz@1791.com
    Jun 27, 2014
      Last night a station WA1W/9 was on 50.276 operating. Whoever it was was
      not giving signal reports. No matter what message I sent I could not get
      a signal report from them. I tried using RPT PSE? My RPT PSE also
      sending their signal report over and over. Also changing the signal
      report from R-06 to -06 or whatever their signal report actually was.
      Nothing worked.
      Then one they started sending short messages RRR and 73 as replies. I am
      using WSJT-X. It would not decode the short messages. They were using a
      different program to work the JT65 mode then I was obviously. That was
      not such a big deal that we were using different programs. They were
      also sending replies late in the cycle that wouldn't decode.
      Their computer clock was on well enough to decode ,off at most 1.5
      seconds on one decode. Also WA1W/9 was calling cq with this message.
      1422 -1 1.5 1299 # CQ W1AW/9. Their reply was always call this is call
      no matter who they were replying to. Here is a sample of my attempts to
      get a signal report from them.

      0316 -8 0.6 1405 # CQ W1AW/9
      0317 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: W1AW N4ABN EL98
      0318 -6 0.6 1414 # CQ W1AW/9
      0319 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: W1AW N4ABN EL98
      0320 -7 0.7 1412 # N4ABN W1AW/9
      0321 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: W1AW N4ABN -06
      0323 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: RPT PSE ?
      0324 -4 1.3 1411 # N4ABN W1AW/9
      0325 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: RPT PSE ?
      0326 -4 0.5 1410 # N4ABN W1AW/9
      0327 Transmitting 50.276 MHz JT65: W1AW N4ABN 73
      0330 -1 0.6 1403 # CQ W1AW/9

      I gave up and sent 73

      I wasn't the only one who couldn't get a signal report from them.

      73 Eddy N4ABN
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic