12821Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR 4.0 Builds & Ubuntu PPA

  • Alexandre Moleiro
    Jun 26, 2014
      Many thanks for the nice work!

      73 de CT1GVN

      On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:32 AM, "ki7mt ki7mt@... [wsjtgroup]" <wsjtgroup-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello All,

      It's been a while since an update went out, so I thought I'd update folks on the status of things.

      Recent Changes
      - Joe updated fonts and the main UI layout slightly, mainly for *Nix
      - Minor build tool updates for *Nix
      - Band hopping fully functional
      - FMT + Tools and WSPR0 Fully functional

      Build Status
      * Linux, builds and runs nicely
      * Windows, builds and runs nicely
      * Mac, haven't had an update recently, but last report all was ok.

      Linux Build Procedure
      - checkout wspr
      - cd wspr && ./autogen.sh
      - make
      - sudo make install

      Windows Build Procedure
      - Use JTSDK-PY to build, then run

      Ubuntu PPA Available
      * I've added a PPA (i386 & amd64) for Ubuntu / Debian. Its currently building on Debian Sid and Ubuntu Trusty without errors. This could use testing by other Ubuntu users to ensure things work smoothly.

      * The PPA is currently following the development branch, as such, is subject to frequent changes. Once Joe releases WSPR 4.0, the PPA will be updated with Bug Fixes & Security only. At that point, we'll submit to Debian for Repo inclusion, with the goal of inclusion in Ubuntu 14.10 release. Once released, this PPA will become stable, and wspr-dev will be created to follow the development branch. Richard is also working on Fedora packaging and I bleive that is working also.

      * To add the PPA and Install WSPR (Ubuntu 14.04+ / Mint-17+):
      - Note: This also includes FMT tools + WSPR0

      - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ki7mt/wspr
      - Accept the GnuPG Key
      - sudo apt-get update

      To Install WSPR
      sudo apt-get install wspr

      To Run (two methods available)
      - Open Dash >> type wspr, click to run (Unity Ubuntu), or the Menu Systems for Ubuntu Friends.
      - Or, Open a terminal window and type: wspr

      That's all for now. As always, if you have build or runtime issues, send them to the dev-list.

      73's
      Greg, KI7MT

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic