12821Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR 4.0 Builds & Ubuntu PPA
- Jun 26, 2014Many thanks for the nice work!73 de CT1GVNOn Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:32 AM, "ki7mt ki7mt@... [wsjtgroup]" <email@example.com> wrote:
It's been a while since an update went out, so I thought I'd update folks on the status of things.
- Joe updated fonts and the main UI layout slightly, mainly for *Nix
- Minor build tool updates for *Nix
- Band hopping fully functional
- FMT + Tools and WSPR0 Fully functional
* Linux, builds and runs nicely
* Windows, builds and runs nicely
* Mac, haven't had an update recently, but last report all was ok.
Linux Build Procedure
- checkout wspr
- cd wspr && ./autogen.sh
- sudo make install
Windows Build Procedure
- Use JTSDK-PY to build, then run
Ubuntu PPA Available
* I've added a PPA (i386 & amd64) for Ubuntu / Debian. Its currently building on Debian Sid and Ubuntu Trusty without errors. This could use testing by other Ubuntu users to ensure things work smoothly.
* The PPA is currently following the development branch, as such, is subject to frequent changes. Once Joe releases WSPR 4.0, the PPA will be updated with Bug Fixes & Security only. At that point, we'll submit to Debian for Repo inclusion, with the goal of inclusion in Ubuntu 14.10 release. Once released, this PPA will become stable, and wspr-dev will be created to follow the development branch. Richard is also working on Fedora packaging and I bleive that is working also.
* To add the PPA and Install WSPR (Ubuntu 14.04+ / Mint-17+):
- Note: This also includes FMT tools + WSPR0
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ki7mt/wspr
- Accept the GnuPG Key
- sudo apt-get update
To Install WSPR
sudo apt-get install wspr
To Run (two methods available)
- Open Dash >> type wspr, click to run (Unity Ubuntu), or the Menu Systems for Ubuntu Friends.
- Or, Open a terminal window and type: wspr
That's all for now. As always, if you have build or runtime issues, send them to the dev-list.
- << Previous post in topic