12385RE: WSJT-X v1.3 r3673 startup rig control issue

  • g4wjs
    Feb 21, 2014
      Hi Bob & Andy,

      As Andy says, it's always been like that.

      In the new CAT control stuff for the next release I am aiming for something similar.

      Like all logging programs with CAT control I think startup should not "steal" the rig, instead the application should synchronize with the rig and it's up to you the operator to make the first move. I think this is important because starting wsjtx doesn't necessarily coincide with starting to use wsjtx. For example I might be in a QSO on CW or fone and I don't want a program startup on my computer to butt in and take over the rig.

      I don't think choosing a band to operate on before listening or calling is that onerous.

      73
      Bill
      G4WJS.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic