12377FW: [wsjtgroup] Rx=Tx / Tx=Rx Change Request

  • Bob McCormick
    Feb 19, 2014
      I don't remember if I indicated it in my original post (if I didn't I was
      thinking about it) ...

      Most rigs have buttons like:

      A > B
      M > A
      etc.

      so I agree that maybe this is also worthy of a change of the button's text
      as well. Not sure what that should look like though ...

      Tx 1234 Hz [Tx=Rx]
      Tx 1234 Hz [<RX]
      Tx 1234 Hz [Tx<Rx]

      The first one is what it would look like without any changes (the png I
      posted with the original suggestion).

      The second one: would it be obvious that it means copy the RX setting into
      the field to the left?

      The third one just swaps the = with a <

      Lastly - most of us read left to right ... so anything where we're taking
      something on the right and moving it to the left ... does that add
      confusion?

      In the end - I think this will be like driving a car with gears (manual
      shift): you typically don't look at the knob to see where to move it ... and
      I think moving the buttons will make it a bit more intuitive as to what's
      going to happen (no matter what the button label says).

      Bob W1QA
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic