      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Taylor
      Sent: 18 February 2014 22:05
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com Group
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT 9.7

      Hi John, Sebastian, and all,

      W4AS wrote:
      > Not in my case, it installed to my WSJT9 directory. Perhaps it looks
      > at the registry for the previous installation directory?

      Yes, that's exactly what it does. Bottom line: you decide where you
      want it.

      > I also wonder what is new in this version - Joe?

      As stated on the web site: "The latest release, WSJT 9.7, includes the
      JTMS mode, designed for meteor scatter at 144 MHz and higher." There
      are also a number of improvements in the way JT4 modes can be used for
      microwave EME.

      Also note: if you really want to try the latest, check out the
      all new User Guide for *WSJT 10.0* at

      If you wish, you can even play with the candidate-for-release
      WSJT 10.0. The Windows package can be downloaded from

      *Your responsibility*, if you read the new manual and/or play with WSJT
      10.0, is to provide feedback.

      *Note to HF users*: WSJT-X is the program for you. WSJT is for meteor
      scatter, EME, and other weak-signal use on the VHF/UHF/Microwave bands.