12315WSJT Docs - Win Setup - New Instruction(s)

  • Greg Beam
    Feb 7, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 KB
    Hello All,

    Based on feedback, I have changed the test a little. I removed the
    previous Ubuntu One link and added setup-doc.txt only, no zip file.

    NEW STEPS:

    1. With Windows Explorer / File Manager, create a directory:
    - c:\wsjt-doc or d:\wsjt-doc

    2. Download, Save setup-doc.txt (attached to this email) to:
    - c:\wsjt-doc or d:\wsjt-doc

    Or download via: http://ubuntuone.com/2i57mdUeng1VOnh0GFVjoy

    4. Rename the file:
    - setup-doc.txt to setup-doc.bat

    5. Download a Cygwin Installer (x86 or x86_64):
    - Cygwin Page: http://cygwin.com/install.html
    - Right Click, Save Link as ... Save to:
    c:\wsjt-doc or d:\wsjt-doc

    6. Right Click >> Open, setup-doc.bat

    7. When Prompted, press [ Enter Key ] To finish install.

    8. Launch the Cygwin Terminal:
    - With Explorer or File Manager, browse too:
    - c:\wsjt-doc or d:\wsjt-doc
    - Right-Click or Double-Click: wsjt-doc.bat

    9. Checkout WSJT Documentation:
    - At the Cygwin Terminal Prompt:

    svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/wsjt/branches/doc

    10. Change dir and build the Documents:
    cd ./doc
    ./build-doc.sh all

    - Select Y to confirm
    - This should build all the documents we have .adoc source files for.

    11. Open WSJT-X User Guide:
    - Browse to C:\wsjt-doc\cygwin\home\$USER-NAME\doc\wsjtx
    - Right-Click >> Open, or Double-Click on: wsjtx-main-toc2.html

    If all goes well, you should have a Left TOC version of the latest
    WSJT-X User Guide.

    Please let me know if you have issues with the steps, building of
    documents or with the docs themselves.

    73's
    Greg, KI7MT
    ki7mt@...