12118Re: [wsjtgroup] RE: Aurora coming south

  • joe_katz
    Jan 10, 2014

      Thanks for all the feedback, on the group and direct. Probably should focus on CW & SSB for aurora then. JT65A on moonrise/moonset sounds worth a try too!

      I did get some partial decodes from the direction of Colorado on 2 meter FSK441 early yesterday evening, but nothing on 6, and nothing on any band when I returned at midnight.

      73 de Joe K6ATZ

      ---In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, <w7gj@...> wrote:

      Glad to hear you are putting a 6m kw on the air this month ;-) You might want to
      give JT65A a try during your moonrise/moonset on the optimum days of the month with
      the lowest Degradation. As far as WSJT modes on aurora, I don't think much has been
      done on that so far. Usually, the doppler spreading is much too great to permit
      these weak signal modes to be used on aurora. Mostly, CW and SSB on 6m
      aurora..... GL and VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K)

      page (above)!
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic