11856Re: [wsjtgroup] Trouble with installation - follow up

  • Ken Alexander
    Oct 14, 2013
      Thank you Joe,

      While things do seem to be working now I'll uninstall and do the installation again according to your recomendation.  It'll save me having to ask again when I try using add-ons in the future.

      Thanks again and 73,

      Ken Alexander
      VE3HLS

      On 2013-10-14 10:14 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

      > 2. I let WSJT9 install itself where it wanted to: C:\Program files
      > (x86)\WSJT9

      Wrong thing to do ... Install it in a directory *outside* the Program
      files tree.

      > This morning I right-clicked on the WSJT9 icon, selected Properties
      > and then selected Run as Administrator, saved and exited.

      You will be fine *if* you do not try to use VK3AMA's JTAlert-X add-on.
      If you attempt to use any add-on WSJT-X will not communicate with the
      add-on because it is running with elevated privilege levels.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 10/14/2013 9:59 AM, Ken Alexander wrote:
      > I neglected to mention a few things in my initial post:
      >
      > 1. I'm running Windows 8
      > 2. I let WSJT9 install itself where it wanted to: C:\Program files
      > (x86)\WSJT9
      >
      > This morning I right-clicked on the WSJT9 icon, selected Properties and
      > then selected Run as Administrator, saved and exited. All is well now
      > and WSJT opens fine and displays the three windows. I can now configure
      > it and move on...after a shower and breakfast!
      >
      > Don't worry, the questions haven't stopped! :-)
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Ken Alexander
      > VE3HLS

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic