11834RE: Odd free text translation

  • joe_katz
    Oct 10, 2013
      Just to clarify, based on a helpful email reply I just received: the bug report here is that WSJT-X sent "3W/" out of nowhere, and the feature request is that the free message field not be processed at all just limited at time of input to 13 characters.

      73 de Joe K6ATZ

      ---In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

      Last night I typed "EA8/RW3DO 73" into the WSJT-X free message box, but the program transmitted "RW3DO 3W/73". Huh?  Where did that come from? I have no such macro, and anyway the free message box did not change, just the transmitted text.

      FYI that was at the end of a 6,000 mile QSO between California and the Canary Islands on 40 Meters, close to midnight local time.  He gave me a -10db report, but I was using fifty watts not three.

      73 de Joe K6ATZ
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic