      From: Joe Subich, W4TV [mailto:lists@...]
      Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:18 PM
      To: listbox2
      Cc: WSJT Group
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Wide Graph Display - enhancement

      > When I use cumulative and run the "zero" up so that I see the entire
      > graph, the waterfall "whites out." So zero adjustment does not work
      > for me there.

      It doesn't work that way for me ... don't know why your situation would be
      different.

      I set-up WSJT and the sound card as follows using Windows 7/Windows 8:

      I set "level" in the Windows driver (Level tab for the input device in
      Windows Control Panel) to 80. I preset the "Line Out" in my K3 to 10 and
      set the input control on my interface to 0 (fully CCW). I then adjust audio
      input control of WSJT for 0 dB.

      With those settings, and *no antenna* (or dummy load), I adjust the input
      pot of my interface until the WSJT level display (lower left) shows between
      15 and 20 dB - on just the "noise floor" of the rig.
      When I connect an antenna, the WSJT level indicator will generally show
      about 30 dB on 20 meters between x:49 and x:59 (absent any CW ID). The
      strongest audio will generally run up to 50 - 55 dB and peak signals will be
      roughly 10 dB *below* clipping level of my sound card.

      With that configuration I show a nice variation from back with no signal
      through orange to white on the strongest signals with Zero at 0 for
      "Current" or zero at +5 for "Cumulative". Note: I use the LINRAD palette
      since that is most "familiar" to me from other software. I also turn off
      AGC in my receiver.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic