11751Re: MSRX--An Improved Receiver for FSK441

  • Les Rayburn
    Oct 3, 2013
      That's a great question. MSRX does not decode "live" like WSJT, but can
      be configured to do immediately after each sequence. So it's kind of
      like the old Steely Dan song, "FM", which had the lyric, "Respect the
      seven second delay we use".

      You can configure MSRX to read the last .wav file received directly from
      the WSJT folder. The delay is just a few seconds.

      In practical terms, I keep both open during a meteor scatter session. I
      look for pings on WSJT and click on the spectrum for decodes per usual.
      A few seconds after each sequence, while my rig is transmitting, MSRX
      will pop up with any decodes that it got. Since there is no clicking or
      adjustment possible in MSRX, you basically get a go or no-go for launch.

      My experience is that usually MSRX decodes slight better than WSJT,
      especially on marginal pings. But there are exceptions. I've seen solid
      decodes on WSJT that didn't decode at all on MSRX. Why? You'd have to
      ask Joe or Claus...most of the math is over my head.

      Give it a try and report back your results here. Very interested in
      hearing what others think.

      Les Rayburn, N1LF
      121 Mayfair Park
      Maylene, AL 35114
      EM63nf

      6M VUCC #1712
      AMSAT #38965
      Grid Bandits #222
      Southeastern VHF Society
      Central States VHF Society Life Member
      Six Club #2484

      Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic