11727RE: Is Stuck-Decode fixed yet?

  • rupertdetonquedec
    Sep 27, 2013

       I often had the "stuck decode" syndrome with earlier betas, but not any longer with V1.2 r3563.

      (Win XP)

      John

      GW4MBN

      ---In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, <lists@...> wrote:

      Joe,

      I've seen it on my Win 7 system (the one that surfaced the audio
      priority issue). Some answers to your questions ...

      > Does it happen on initial program startup, say at the time of the
      > first decode attempt?

      Yes. If it happens it will happen at that time.

      > Or at some other time, after you have been operating for a while?
      > Etc., etc.

      I can't prove a negative but I have never seen a "hang in decode"
      once WSJT-X has successfully decoded the first period.

      I am not sure but I suspect the issue is related to a sound card
      (audio) initialization as I can't remember seeing activity in the
      waterfall (wide graph) when WSJT-X r3563 is "stuck in decode."
      Unfortunately, I have developed the habit of starting JTAlert-x
      which in turn launches WSJT-X when I start the computer but do
      not generally look at it for some time. Since this is always a
      "one off" condition - restarting WSJT-X clears the problem - it
      is difficult to spot a trend.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV