      From: Doc
      Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 7:29 PM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] Another Question about Audio Input

      Still trying to get a handle on why I drop the first decode of a CQ reply.

      I am using an IC-746 non-Pro, with constant-level audio from the ACC-1 port on the rear of the radio, into a SignaLink USB interface. The software is WSJT-X 3563

      I can't adjust the audio from the radio, but I CAN adjust the audio from the SignaLink to the computer.

      My question is, which of the two following scenarios would be better?

      1. Higher level of audio from SignaLink, with the input slider on WSJT-X turned down

      or

      2. Lower level from the SignaLink, with the input slider turned up.

      This is assuming that I'm maintaining the audio level indicator in WSJT-X at the midpoint in either scenario.

      Also, is the midpoint on the indicator still what I should be trying to achieve?

      Many thanks!
      KB3MOW
      Doc

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic