10855Re: would it be ok to transmit JT9 lower on 6 meters?

  • Philip
    Jul 17, 2013
      Bill,

      I've asked the same question off group recently and the response I got back was
      "the next release will include default frequencies of 50.276 (for
      JT65) and + 2 kHz for JT9."

      Here in Europe there has been (during the Summer Sporadic E season) a lot of JT9 activity on 50.293 MHz, but the indicated move soon to 50.278 MHz for JT9 makes a lot of sense so as to be able to monitor both JT65 and JT9 at the same time and deconflict with WSPR which also uses 50.293 MHz currently.

      I haven't seen much if any JT65 on 50 MHz here in Europe this Summer, but I know it is really popular in the USA, so for me to try to work across the Atlantic via Sporaidic Es or maybe if lucky F2 this Winter both modes together make a lot of sense.

      I'm seeing a slow migration of 50 MHz JT9 to 50.278MHz on the Ham spots page, I guess a lot more will follow when the new software comes out.

      73 de Philip G0ISW

      http://www.qsl.net/g0isw
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic