10773Re: Rig Control Error

  • kc2nyu
    Jul 14, 2013
      (Regret if this is a dupe, but I posted early this morning and it never appeared on list)
      Joe:
      - my power supply is putting out 14.1 measured at input to K3
      - Not sure I know how to check voltages from K3 serial port?
      - My serial card in the PC is less than two years old
      - I never had this problem before the 1.1 ver
      - I am able to run WSJT 1.0 r 3323, the old JT65HF and WSPR without this problem occurring
      - When I posted this problem last week, Jim WN1X said he was having the same issue
      - When I posted this problem last week, you said " Yes, ver 1.1 has some polling issues - it times out too quickly."
      - So is this an inherent 1.1 issue or is it something can be adjusted out by changing the polling interval?

      73 Paul
      kc2nyu

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > Check the voltages from your K3 serial port. If they are significantly
      > less than +/- 5V and you have an older serial card, the serial card may
      > not be reliably reading the data.
      >
      > Because the K3, like so many other devices these days, uses +/-5V levels
      > and RS-232 treats any input between -3 and +3V as undefined, there is
      > not a lot of room for error. If you are running your K3 from a power
      > supply that is a bit low (e.g., a battery around 11V) the serial port
      > voltages can get very close to the 3V level.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV
      >

      > On 7/13/2013 9:18 PM, kc2nyu wrote:
      > >

      > > My serial connection is direct, K3 to a serial card in PC, no port splitter involved - no VSPE or LPBridge.

      > >> What are you using for the serial connection? Are you using any kind
      > >> of "port splitter" (e.g. VSPE, etc.)?
      > >>
      > >> 73,
      > >>
      > >> ... Joe, W4TV

      > > WSJTGroup Homepage --> http://www.wsjtgroup.org/