10768Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Rig Control Error

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Jul 13, 2013
      Check the voltages from your K3 serial port. If they are significantly
      less than +/- 5V and you have an older serial card, the serial card may
      not be reliably reading the data.

      Because the K3, like so many other devices these days, uses +/-5V levels
      and RS-232 treats any input between -3 and +3V as undefined, there is
      not a lot of room for error. If you are running your K3 from a power
      supply that is a bit low (e.g., a battery around 11V) the serial port
      voltages can get very close to the 3V level.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV